Boy, the things you take for granted when working for a corporation:
- Health insurance, maybe even dental, for you and family
- A retirement plan set up for you
- Business and personal liability insurance -- or lack thereof as it is hidden by the corporation
- Known vacation days and holidays
- Known work hours, in general (e.g. 8-5)
- A business plan -- even when you don't necessarily agree with it
- An office --- well, a cubicle at least
- A steady paycheck, even when times are slow (unless you are laid off)
I know the above list isn't universal to all, but I believe it is true for many.
These are just a few of the things I am thinking about as I start to venture out on my own.
What are some other corporate items you take for granted??