I love music. I really love music. I have many thousands of songs from country to rock to R&B to rap. So it is real hard to pick all-time favorite songs. I gauge my favorite songs by the play count in Windows Media Player, where I play most of my music when I am working on my computer.
Here are my top 15 listened to songs of 2008 thus far (I had some ties, so I went with 15 songs):
- Killer Queen - Queen (One of the greatest bands ever!)
- No Diggity - Blackstreet
- Life Wasted - Pearl Jam (My favorite band!)
- Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson (yes, that Kelly Clarkson -- this is a great song and she can actually sing)
- Man in A Box - Alice In Chains
- White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
- Killing Me Softly - The Fugees
- Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler (One of my favorite "slow" songs ever, period!)
- Hot Blooded - Foreigner
- Pretty Vegas - INXS (actually saw the new INXS in concert -- very good!)
- Sin Wagon - Dixie Chicks (By the way, the documentary Shut Up and Sing was great)
- To The Bone - Sex Police (My favorite band in college)
- Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
- Alone - Heart
- Verse Chorus Verse - Nirvana
Will see if these stick throughout the rest of the year.
Sometime I may be able to come up with my favorite songs ever. I have to imagine at least one of these would make the list.