Well, back at least from a blogging perspective. It has been a long time since my last post. What to say about why that is – well, mainly I was taking care of some personal work and also finishing up a consulting gig.
It has been a successful first “out of a corporation” year for me. I have made some money and made some great contacts.
So where do I stand right now?
I am in a state of flux. I am between consulting/contracting opportunities and I have not made much headway on any micro-ISV product (mainly because of the consulting work, but also for some other reasons).
I have some decisions to make.
Here are my current options:
- Flesh out 1 or more of 5 possible product ideas, if for anything to get me back in the programming “spirit”
- Do some side, primarily non-programming work that has been offered to me, more for the experience and satisfaction than any monetary reason.
- Work on some technical articles or books that I have been floating around. as possibilities I have some possible leads for publications, but some other things have to fall into place, which I am working on.
- Look for some more consulting work – I may have a possibility in January, but I am not sure I can 100% count on that.
- Go back to school to earn my Masters in Computer Science or MBA or, at the very least, take some courses to get the brain juices flowing
- Look for a full-time job
Now, the options above are not necessarily exclusive, but I do need to prioritize and make a decision. And make a decision is exactly what I am going to do now…..
……well, after I watch my Buffalo Bills hopefully beat the Browns tonight!
UPDATE: The Bills lose on another "wide right" field goal. Bills fans know those are the two most dreaded words a Bills fan can hear :-(